MadWolf is working to keep your data secure while working remotely. To help achieve this goal, we would like to remind you of the following best practices for your organization’s remote workforces:
1. Please remember to save your work and lock your computer when stepping away from your desk. This applies to personal and corporate PCs alike.
2. Please make sure your office cell phone is password protected.
3. Any coronavirus (or other) communication asking one to click a link, login or supply a password should be viewed with extreme skepticism.
4. As always, do NOT open an attachment, links, or reply to messages unless you are 100% certain that the source is legitimate and that the communication was expected.
5. MWT will never call anyone and ask for passwords or other personal information. If in doubt, always ask to call back directly into the MWT number to assist in validating that the person you are working with is a MWT employee. ALL MWT employees have extensions from our main number, 202.293.5003
6. Do not accept unsolicited support calls claiming to be from Microsoft or other vendors.
7. If a message box pops up with a phone number in it, do not call.
8. Always run anti-virus/anti-malware software on your computers, particularly home PCs that may not be under MWT management. Ensure that your subscription and antivirus definitions are kept up-to date. Also ensure that Windows PCs are rebooted regularly and that Windows Updates are routinely installed on home systems.
We are noting a general increase in phishing and hacking attempts. Please be on high alert and extra cautious of suspect communications. Please contact MWT Support at 202.293.5003 x3
if you are unsure of the authenticity of any message or other electronic communication.